Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentines cupcakes


Ok to be truthful these weren't really made for valentines day, I was saving them until now because I thought they'd make really cute valentines gifts.


See! Will you beeeee my valentine? I was finally got to try out an idea from the planet cake book and am very happy with how cute they turned out.


The real reason for these cupcakes was even better. They were a request from boyfriends mum for a lady in the local nursing home. I was told the ladie's husband is a big fan of cupcakes but the only ones close are from the cafe down the street and are always stale and expensive. From one cupcake enthusiast to another I was very happy to make him some.

13 comments:

  1. I love your bee cupcakes so much, they are utterly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! How did you make the antenna for the bees? Fondant + piece of spaghetti? (that's what I've come up with)

    That last pink cupcake is super cute. It'd be perfect for a t-shirt or a canvas print. You should set up a cupcake shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the bee antenna are pieces of spaghetti with balls of fondant on the tips.

    Thank you all for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea! I love your take on Bee cuppies! So beedorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful valentines cupcakes! I love the Beeee ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the "will you beeee" my valentine is so cute! And how nice of you to make these for a cupcake lover. I used to bake for people in a nursing home throughout a charity group at highschool. It's really rewarding isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE the bumble bee cupcakes - far too cute to eat. And its sucha lovely thing to make for another cupcake fan too ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are gorgeous and you are right - they are perfect for Valentine's Day. I'm new to your blog and have spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really love the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving this post and the bumbles are SOOOOOO friggin cute!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the bees cupcake...so cute.

    ReplyDelete